Hi you!
clear everything? It is already two weeks ago as Bärbel flown back to England and has been a lot happening. [... Continued from last post ...]
clear everything? It is already two weeks ago as Bärbel flown back to England and has been a lot happening. [... Continued from last post ...]
On 31st December we are packed and ready (Bärbel took a whole suitcase for me!) By train to Boston getuckert where we had booked two nights for a "hotel" of the lower class. Our accommodation was now not as a hit, but it indeed central, cheap, had a bed that was warm and we spent most of the time outside anyway. So half the wild!
Boston First Night - Parade
New Year's Eve there for several decades "Boston First Night" what you can buy a badge and thus to different concerts can go tours and parades Vorfü which are usually dominated by local clubs and bands. There were ice sculptures Boston Common Park, concerts in churches and concert hall and a colorful parade of Boston's main street. It was just a very different New Year's Eve at home than usual! Just before midnight we went to the harbor, where there is happening before "some years" (1773), the "Boston Tea Party. So we both looked us embracing the spectacular fireworks display.
midnight at the port-Happy New Year!
The next and final day we made after a sumptuous breakfast in bed (with bagels, orange juice :-)) to Boston Sightseeing Tour.
Since time was short cut is the perfect Boston Freedom Trail to just under 4 miles on us and took us through Boston's most important and beautiful parts of the city and the historical areas. We have also made a trip to Harvard University (Ivy League Brown a great opponent! And has nothing of the beauty and splendor of the Brown University :-) You can tell I am now holding a real brownie become! )
Boston is really the most beautiful city in New England ! Big but not too large (600,000 inhabitants), there is something going on, but not as much as in NY and has your 12 universities, many students.
The day passed much too quickly around and the next morning we went with a lot of snow to the Boston Airport, where Bärbel has departed with a few tears and some delay. Somehow we have to leave but after so many years, routine, but well-it is always the same "crap" (sorry!).
The days went by and I was in the last week of my pediatrics rotation . More specifically in the pediatric endocrinology , ie where the doctors concerned particularly with type 1 diabetes, growth disorders and other metabolic disorders.
I was pretty excited to see what will await me in pediatrics, because I had so far had no real contact in this field, as is taught in Tübingen pediatrics at the last year and I had never done an internship there. So I was the first time in an elective without much prior knowledge! And just because I love children Pediatrics was one of my top 3 disciplines , but to my resume at the end of everything.
My day in the Ped-Endocrine was usually to carry on in the morning consultations to Chrildren Hasbro's Hospital . So mostly children with newly found diabetes to be treated: The children were mostly dry, sich übergebend und mit einem Gewichtsverlust in den letzten Wochen und anderen typischen Symptomen zu uns in die Kinderklinik und wir leitenden die ersten akut Behandlungen ein und unterrichteten die Eltern im weiteren Verlauf was genau Diabetes ist, wie und was man in Zukunft essen darf und wie genau eine Insulintherapie aussehen sollte.
Nach der täglichen Noon-Coference bin ich zu der Ambulanz wo die Kids zur Sprechstunde kommen und im Verlauf beobachtet werden. So hatte ich täglich 5-6 Kinder mit den ich geredet und untersucht hatte und sie dann meinen Attending präsentierte habe. Leider waren es i
n der Päd Endocrine zu 70% Diabetes Patienten, d.h. nach den 4 Wochen ist man ein Profi in Diabetes Behandlungen (was natürlich heutzutage immer wichtig ist), aber nach einiger Zeit ist es einfach zu eintönig. Ich hatte aber auch einige andere gute Fälle: So hatten wir einige Patienten mit Mikropenisse (Testosteron-Therapie), Noonan Syndrome, viele Wachstumsverzögerungen (Wachstumshormontherapie), diabetische Ketoazidosen, etc...
Zusammengefasst habe ich mich in diesem Elective nicht so arg wohl gefühlt wie sonst immer. Vielleicht war es auch der große Kontrast von Emergency Med zu diesem langsamen Elective, vielleicht waren es die Oberärzte sie nicht ganz auf meiner Wellenlänge waren oder einfach nur die Endokrinologie an sich. Ich weiß es nicht...
Boston is really the most beautiful city in New England ! Big but not too large (600,000 inhabitants), there is something going on, but not as much as in NY and has your 12 universities, many students.
The day passed much too quickly around and the next morning we went with a lot of snow to the Boston Airport, where Bärbel has departed with a few tears and some delay. Somehow we have to leave but after so many years, routine, but well-it is always the same "crap" (sorry!).
The days went by and I was in the last week of my pediatrics rotation . More specifically in the pediatric endocrinology , ie where the doctors concerned particularly with type 1 diabetes, growth disorders and other metabolic disorders.
I was pretty excited to see what will await me in pediatrics, because I had so far had no real contact in this field, as is taught in Tübingen pediatrics at the last year and I had never done an internship there. So I was the first time in an elective without much prior knowledge! And just because I love children Pediatrics was one of my top 3 disciplines , but to my resume at the end of everything.
My day in the Ped-Endocrine was usually to carry on in the morning consultations to Chrildren Hasbro's Hospital . So mostly children with newly found diabetes to be treated: The children were mostly dry, sich übergebend und mit einem Gewichtsverlust in den letzten Wochen und anderen typischen Symptomen zu uns in die Kinderklinik und wir leitenden die ersten akut Behandlungen ein und unterrichteten die Eltern im weiteren Verlauf was genau Diabetes ist, wie und was man in Zukunft essen darf und wie genau eine Insulintherapie aussehen sollte.
Nach der täglichen Noon-Coference bin ich zu der Ambulanz wo die Kids zur Sprechstunde kommen und im Verlauf beobachtet werden. So hatte ich täglich 5-6 Kinder mit den ich geredet und untersucht hatte und sie dann meinen Attending präsentierte habe. Leider waren es i
n der Päd Endocrine zu 70% Diabetes Patienten, d.h. nach den 4 Wochen ist man ein Profi in Diabetes Behandlungen (was natürlich heutzutage immer wichtig ist), aber nach einiger Zeit ist es einfach zu eintönig. Ich hatte aber auch einige andere gute Fälle: So hatten wir einige Patienten mit Mikropenisse (Testosteron-Therapie), Noonan Syndrome, viele Wachstumsverzögerungen (Wachstumshormontherapie), diabetische Ketoazidosen, etc... Zusammengefasst habe ich mich in diesem Elective nicht so arg wohl gefühlt wie sonst immer. Vielleicht war es auch der große Kontrast von Emergency Med zu diesem langsamen Elective, vielleicht waren es die Oberärzte sie nicht ganz auf meiner Wellenlänge waren oder einfach nur die Endokrinologie an sich. Ich weiß es nicht...
Ich mag es Kinder to have me, but I think medicine with adults is more my thing. For this insight I was glad to have made this Elective. It is not yet written off , but moved more into the distance. Maybe I should do one more internship in pediatrics in Germany, this time without specialization?!
Oh yes, I live now for almost one and a half months into my new apartment and up soooowas of glad to be here. On the one hand, I'm super roommate with whom I cook something in an entrepreneurial and sometimes just hang out in the living room.
Oh yes, I live now for almost one and a half months into my new apartment and up soooowas of glad to be here. On the one hand, I'm super roommate with whom I cook something in an entrepreneurial and sometimes just hang out in the living room.
Blick von meiner Haustür
Auf der anderen Seite ist mein neues Zimmer super schön, zwar klein, aber gemütlich und ich hab mein eigenes Bad! Und unser Haus ist der zentralste Punkt im Campus überhaupt: 1 min von einer Bushaltestelle (mit Bus direkt zur Klinik), 5 Meter zu einer Apotheke und Einkaufsläden, um die Ecke sind gleich die verschiedensten Restaurants, 2min vom Brown Athletic Center mit Hallen-400mBahn, Schwimmbad, Kraftcenter, etc.... Ideal!
MEINE Birthday Torte
few days ago was my birthday and somehow I was able to celebrate long time sadly not at home with my family and my friends. In the hospital knew, no one knew about my birthday and so was a long workday inevitable. At home, the mood was pretty down. In the evening I have arranged with some friends for dinner in a restaurant and that was the beginning of a great night.
After the meal we are friends back home and suddenly there were many familiar faces here, including birthday song on it and a cake with candles and my name :-)!!! Then we went to a club. While Providence was in the deepest ghetto, but the music was great! So I had at the end but still a really nice birthday!
My first week Ortho is over and I'm so happy with my choice! Although the starting point has to 5.00Uhr daily morning and usually end by 18 clock is OP but I learn and see some ... but more on that later!
I wish you a good week and see you soon!
Biro
My first week Ortho is over and I'm so happy with my choice! Although the starting point has to 5.00Uhr daily morning and usually end by 18 clock is OP but I learn and see some ... but more on that later!
I wish you a good week and see you soon!
Biro
"Doctors scare patients with specialist Latin"
0 comments:
Post a Comment