Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fluid In The Douglas Of Pouch

No - I'm not a foot fetishist!


Hey Dude!
I'm right in the life of an orthopedic surgeon and I look tired as well. No wonder Attending the age of 35 years have already gray hair. I'm now at the end of my second week Orthopedic Surgery at Rhode Iceland Hospital and my shift begins at 5 clock ! That is my alarm clock rings at 4 ("I'm only ?!!") to bed and after a hot shower I pull my blue Scrubs über (blaue OP Kleidung) mit denen ich im Bus zur Klinik fahre (die Scrubs ziehen sich alle schon daheim an! und irgendwie fühlt man sich Besonders im Bus :-)). Dann beginnt man mit seinem Resident die Morgen-Visite von Stationären Patienten. Um 6.30Uhr ist dann die erste Morgenkonferenz über Patientenfälle und Vorlesungen, gleich darauf um 7:30Uhr ist Trauma Röntgenbesprechung. Jetzt um 8 Uhr wo die Ärzte der Inneren Medizin mal langsam aus dem Bett steigen (ich am liebsten auch!) waschen wir uns schon die Hände und Arme ("to scrub") und beginnen unsere Operationen bis meist 18 Uhr. Was habe ich heute zwischen den OP's gegessen?!: "2 Toast ohne was drauf"... I hope you understand now better why surgeons have such a young age already has gray hair.
at one to two days of the week we have office hours, so clinics where patients come in with their problems and we try to find the disease orthopedic examinations. Usually we prescribe first a conservative therapy, either immobilization, Sch merz and anti-inflammatory agents and physiotherapy. Only then (or symptoms are bad), we make up a date for surgery, usually at the end of forever! We
medical students have the good fortune to see in this rotation in our four weeks wöc accidentally to another area. I started with Foot and ankle orthopedics . And I immediately hit the mark, as the director of this department is Dr. DiGiova nni , the world famous luminary in the field of foot! All Schwaben among us: The foot is the lowest part of the leg, not the whole leg! =).
Dr. Di has developed some implants, the world's lectures (and soon again in Heidelberg!) And was elected three times to the best orthopedic surgeons in America and he is very much time for his patients and takes just friendly, he was also awarded the the Patients Prize. I hope you realize that it was fun to work with him, for the administration, he takes very seriously!
I have studied this week as many feet and watched as never before in my life and one can say now is clear: " I am and will not foot fetishist" !
most cases, they were stress fractures, arthritis, flat feet, ankle injuries or fractures. So for such a small area of very many diseases and operations. At the end of my week I was pretty praised Dr. Di, what motivated me even more and he wanted to have my email address for his visit to Heidelberg. is

once a week When combined "OnCall" for the entire orthopedic means you are 24 accessible by pager (Call Service). You start the morning by 5 regular clock and is working the normal shift to 18 and only then starts the clock "OnCall" layer to 13 clock at noon the next day (= 31-34h). And it is really broken on his feet, especially when arriving in Critical Care Room again many accidents occur or when a winter break many bones.

then get to risk a "Kocher posterior approach for an acetabular fracture"!
- Huh, please? I thought in the beginning: "What do the order? But this we would have to have at my highlight of the week : Learning surgical techniques of "body donors", people who donate honorable after her death her body for teaching and research. So much like we know it from the anatomy in preclinical, only to find that the anatomy nor the respective surgical techniques for a particular problem needs to know.

here to see a corpse on her stomach, legs are amputated and upper body covered. Thus we see on the bottom. I have just opened with a scalpel, the large muscle Po

The " Kocher Operation" ist also ein Zugang von Hinten (durch den "Popo") um zur gebrochenen Hüftpfanne vorzudringen um diese dann zu "reparieren". Ich wurde Schritt für Schritt mit Hilfe meines Residents und einem Chirurgie Buch angeleitet. (1. machen sie einen mondförmigen Schnitt 2cm lateral der Spina Iliaca ant. sup. bis zum [...], 2. schneiden durch den großen "Arschmuskel im Muskelverlauf, [..] 7.schützen sie den Ischiadicus Nerv durch zurückklappen der externen Rotatoren, etc. 34.[...]). Ich finde es einfach unglaublich wie die Abteilung versucht Residents und Studenten praktisch zu unterrichten. Während einer echten OP wiederum, darf ich ziemlich wenig machen. Mehr als Haken halten oder times closer
is not there.

This week I am in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine . But when I tell them I'm sitting there tomorrow!
I wish you a good night
Your Biro

0 comments:

Post a Comment