Saturday, March 27, 2010

Best Athletes Foot Creams

Where the triathletes still wear cowboy boots - Howdy!

----------Erinnerung: Wenn man auf Bilder klickt werden sie größer!!!----------

Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls!
ich bin zurück aus Austin, der Hauptstadt Texas! Und es war super! Das Wetter war "fast" immer traumhaft sonnig und auch die Unterkunft war nicht von schlechten Eltern.
Ich habe zusammen mit meinen zwei Freunden Scarlet und Tim (Scarlet studiert mit mir im Semester und startet für die Tria Bundesliga Tim and , the 2009 is made with Buschütten German champion and the ITU Triathlon World Cup starts) with a sports-loving lawyer named Fred in the beautiful area of Austin, West Lake in the Hills, used to. Fred is a 40-year-old bachelor who enjoys his work alongside the athletes life.
Our daily routine usually began early in the morning with a swim. Often we are in the 30m pool " Big Stacy " (including very complicated paths and swimming, when one is accustomed to 25m!) And have brought us our first tan . Towards the end of my stay we are the "Master Swimming Program" went to clock started at 7:30 in the morning and who knows me better: It was a bissel early for me. It was worth it because we were trained by Sandra "Sandy" Neilson . Sandy had for the USA at the 1972 Olympics in Munich, won three gold medals in swimming, including one 100m freestyle at the top honor! She and her husband Keith O'Bell (Swimcoach USA '88) made us a great daily workout. Then we went for the first time in the hot tub (what Tim and me was the best part about the whole thing :-)) I was initially quite
concerned about my knee , ached for it to easy swimming training already! But with the super drug "field", the knee ligament and daily super cool I got to make ends meet!

After our first wheel unit I was shocked a little bit because we went on busy highways ... But in the days that it happened but I still like me in my dreams had brought to Texas: Beautiful streets, every now and then Texas ranches and hills! Oh man, the hills were really strange. These were not correct pitches, it was more like a roller-coaster ride up and down more in rapid succession. But I took the cycling great, especially with the fact that my Knee held up well! ( 3x knock on wood )


Sent I am unfortunately not , but I did not want to risk really, because cycling was important to me (run record: last day still a slow 20 min run).

So I'm in the 8 days in total swimming very much (around 40 km), but this only drove the 400km bike. But better than nothing, I would say! In addition, it must be said that the 1st League with the slipstream release this year are critical, especially swimming and running is! (Running is somehow always)

At our rest days we are natürlich zum Outlet shoppen gegangen, sind super Mountainbike -Trails im Stateparc gefahren oder haben uns Austin mal genauer angeschaut. So sind wir ins Capitol und ins Taxas History Museum gegangen, welches ich echt empfehlen kann.

Tim, Scarlet & me vor dem Capitol














MTBike with Fred and Sabine

Austin for the spring or fall days perfect for living. When I flew to Texas, I had expected much more. I thought Texas was like in the Western movies more of a desert and the people are tough, but I was surprised. At least in Austin blooms all, there are many lakes, the Colorado River, across typical American bars with live bands, many old Amieschlitten and as has been told many hills!
Die Menschen sind relaxed und im Surferstyle mit Cowboystiefel und nicht umsonst wird Austin als die Sportstadt USA's bezeichnet, denn überall sind Biker, Läufer und Swimmingpools. Es gibt mehr als 100 Ausdauer Veranstaltungen im Jahr und viele Sportler wie Lance Armstrong und Richie Cunningham trainieren und wohnen hier.

Athleten Lunch nach der ersten Trainingeinheit (hinten mit Richie Chunningham)

In der Woche waren auch das bekannte „South by Southwest“ Festival überall in Austin, so haben wir öfters mal die Bands play on the streets is one!


mandatory police image (note my belt buckle for the rodeo)
course, I had in Texas sometimes a real Rodeo with cowboys and girls!
Thanks Fred, Scarlet and Tim for this period and the training!

came after 10 days of fun and I practice in Austin at midnight on Providence Airport "home" and was met by Rehsma.
my Picasa web album
is unfortunately a long course technically full, but you're welcome to look at Tim's web album , because we usually have pictures done together. The two are still two more weeks in Texas, so why not wonder at some point I'm never on it!

began Unfortunately, the unexpected white "Spring Breaks" (U.S. spring break) at Brown University on Friday and I had to say goodbye for the last three days of all my friends. So I had a marathon of appointments before me: For breakfast, lunch, dinner and bar, I met with friends and adopted, but today to light the world is so small become that I know in a few good friends that I will see her again soon! Here are a few pics of the three days ...

Lauren and Cara

Tran, me, George, Maya, Lauren, Debbie

Andrew

Oh yes, I had almost forgotten it. There is now a swimming pool from Brown because of Spring Break is also closed and I keep my good swimming form must somehow, I've changed my mind and a well made smart YMCA swimming pool found. The catch was that you can use not only the swimming pool, but buy a more expensive monthly pass ($ 47) must be, but everything as spinning, weight room, includes, etc., but fortunately was the receptionist a "lady" and not Mr. :-) After a nice conversation (let's say in the direction of "Flirting"), I could push the price for 5 days at $ 15. Also added on the day still held a YMCA swimming competition which I had to join! Posted. We had time to swim 2500m. And I could enter my first and probably last win of the season . I won with 8 lanes ahead and have the $ 15 items, thus bekommen, denn der Preis war: 15$ iTunes Gutschein, Schwimmbrille, Sweatshirt und einen einstündigen Kraulunterricht mit einem Profi-Coach (was das auch immer heißen soll!?). Man muss einfach manchmal zur richtigen Zeit am richtigen Ort sein! :-)

Naja, ich kann es kaum glauben. Noch drei Tage bis ich wieder daheim bin und viele von euch wieder sehen kann!
Bis dahin muss ich meine noch ungeklärten und lange verdrängten Koffer-Gewicht-Platz-Probleme lösen und meinen Kraulunterricht im YMCA einlösen :-)

Lasst euch es gut gehen,
und genießt die Zeit daheim noch, ohne dass ich euch auf der Pelle hocke,
euer Biro

0 comments:

Post a Comment