Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is 7 Dpo Too Early To Test With Frer

see what we do today? - A toothbrush, a knife and a pen


Zahnbürste im Magen (Bild einer Magenspiegelung)

Sziasztok!
unbelievable but true ... so now we have wiedermal fished these three objects from the stomach of a young woman, but more on that later :-)
As you know, I am working on my four-week elective in gastroenterology (" I am Denis, your Stomach-Doctor ", as I introduce myself to most patients). This is all about gastrointestinal diarrhea-constipation, vomiting, bleeding, liver cancer, chronic diseases, etc . It therefore belongs to the daily agenda "business" view of patients and to assess :-). But not so bad, because you used to it quickly and you can funny enough, with just a glance into the toilet bowl a lot about the disease.
are in contrast to last Elective work somewhat longer times (today I came out at 19 clock), but since there is much more to work the day goes faster.
But let's start from scratch:
usually starts the service at 7:30 and 8 clock. Three times a week 's morning conference with all gastroenterologists (GI-docs). There is always another GI Doc has a kind of lecture about a disease, a new research articles or discussing complex patient cases. The good thing about conferences is that there is usually a super breakfast are (sponsored by pharmaceutical companies).

My Fellow is this month Amanda . A nice and stressed doctor who was called me and the medical student from Jordan Husni happy welcome, because a GI service alone is a horror. This Elective I'm just Consultation Services (consultations to), so go to patients around the hospital who have a gastro Enter logical problem, but a competent doctors can not solve it. Most obscure bleeding (excitation, ulcerative colitis, diverticula, ulcers), liver or pancreatic diseases. So a wide range of everything. Sun had I get mostly by 8 clock bis 13 new patients, investigated, explored old medical records and wrote my report and requirements. Then I have the old patients in the last few days followed up (follow-up). After work, I radioed Amanda and she has been with me all looked at again, agreed to or slightly altered.

were improved by 13 clock then all bowel and stomach reflections . There we have seen a lot. It's pretty interesting what you all white unexpected finds out from disease.
About once a week we have so-called "Swallower " (the eater), the various objects by Psychiatric disorders (mostly those that are also scratch) is spent. So we've tried to eject a variety of objects. As a tip: Do not swallow coat hook or button batteries, because you get out of bad stomach and breaks down immediately ... About 15
the clock "Grand Round" is. Amanda, Husni and I present our Attending our old and new patients. For the first two weeks was our Attending Jose Behar . A professor of the old school: with so much knowledge (for example, has in achalasia, developed the balloon as theraphy), but he explains how many times in German hospitals usual Little by itself). In addition, he has rarely, patients want to see in person.
The third week was a lot better then, as Prof. Silvia Degli Esposti became our new Attending. She is originally from Bologna, and loves to see all patients at least 30 min, and to inform us without end. Thus, the services have been getting longer, but much more instructive. She is also quite fun and is loved by patients (3 times winner of the award: Best Woman GI Doctor, or best Teaching Excellence Award =)) and she drove me home after long shifts twice :-)
makes since to me the Elective much more fun!

Many patients, I will not forget , zudenen repays my patient who "Yellow Guy" a completely yellow colored patient says with liver cirrhosis and water-filled abdomen (the novel "House of God" is this: Treat the Yellow Guy always with steroids! Read-council ). Or an old depressed patients, no doctor has taken his abdominal pain (including me) until has been found after colonoscopy (colonoscopy) that his colon was full of ulcers. But such things are never forgotten and to make a fortune for the next patient better!

I can for those three weeks gastroenterology recommend Elective much.
Here is a link to our Catering Department with all the facilities and doctors.

Yes, it is now once again become much, but I had had so long to hear nothing from me.
last few weeks I had made some, but soon I will write on occasion. My
Florida plans are in full swing (starting on 29 October!)! Let's hear what you
of you!

ps soon
your Biro

.
first Have a few autumn pictures from Providence online (->Biros Pics) gestellt.
2. Mir war im Voraus schon bewusst, dass ich aus meinen jetzigen Wohnung Ende November raus muss :-(, aber nach langen Suchen habe ich heute endlich die Zusage zu einer 4er WG bekommen!!! Juhu!

0 comments:

Post a Comment